So, once again I have been slacking on this whole blog thing.
Finals are next week and everything was due last week so I am pretty much tired and grumpy from a lack of sleep. Not to mention I decided that since people were coming over to my Wildtree party (www.wildtree.com if you want to order something) that I should have the house decorated for Christmas. If you have been to my house at Christmas time, you know I put up four Christmas trees and it is pretty much like Christmas threw up (in a really festive good way). So the house is decorated, minus one tree and a huge Christmas village, all of the presents are wrapped and under the family tree, all of my projects are turned in, and the house is even clean. Not bad for a week's worth of work. So now I have to concentrate on my last day of class tomorrow and finals on Wednesday and Thursday.
Last time I told you that I thought Brad would get used to his new job, he didn't. He quit and went back to his old job a week after I wrote the blog. Needless to say, he is much happier. If you know Bradley, you know he hates any type of change. He has a very content soul. Bradley was grumpy last week too because it was his week to run end of day. Normally when he runs end of day, he gets to go to work late and sleep in but this time he had to be at work at 7am after running that computer thing at midnight. All because I had to go to the library to study for all of my tests and finish all of my projects. Aren't you glad you guys didn't visit us last week? LOL!
Victoria is doing great. She has lost her first two teeth, which is kind of early at four years old. She was so excited because her Mamaw's tooth fairy brings $10.00 per lost tooth. I say Mamaw has a very wealthy tooth fairy. Our tooth fairy is frugal, she brings $1.00 per tooth. She lost her second tooth down the drain while brushing her teeth and was very surprised to find her dollar in the sink and not under her pillow the next morning. Supposedly the tooth fairy leaves the money where she finds the tooth, really her mommy forgot and snuck it there with a big fat lie to keep her from getting upset.
We had fun at Halloween. Victoria went as Dorothy and really wanted to bring Buffy with her as Toto but we finally convinced her that a stuffed Toto was a better option. All of the kids, with the exception of Nikki who had scarlet fever, had fun and got lots of candy. I took Nikki a goody bag earlier that day because she had been crying all day and I really felt sorry for her. It has to be awful to be sick on Halloween (especially when you are going as Cinderella).
We all had a great time at Thanksgiving. I wish the people who came could have stayed longer, but everyone always has so many places to go during the holidays. I wish the people who didn't want to be sociable would have come because the food was great (since I cooked it) and the company was fun. The kids had fun playing together and we are planning a swimming outing at Bogan Park at some point this winter. Maybe we will do it when school is out in a couple of weeks.
In the next few weeks, I am going to get the website up and running for anyone who wants any handmade jewelry. I will post the address when I get the whole thing going.
My gripes for last week were:
"If you say you are coming to something, show up. If something happens and you can't show up, call and say you can't come. There is no excuse needed for why you can't come, there is also no excuse for being rude and just blowing someone or something off either. My mother raised me better than that and I expect other people to behave accordingly. Maybe I am asking too much."
"Treat people the way you want to be treated. We have all heard this before, but for some reason at Christmas time everyone seems to forget. People are rude to each other in stores, rude on the roads, and lets not even talk about mall traffic and general courtesy. Maybe if everyone could remember this lesson that our parents and grandparents tried to teach us, there would not be near as many horns blaring, middle fingers in the air, obscenities shouted, and just general rudeness."
And I saved the one that bothers me the most for last . . .
"Don't lie when someone doesn't even ask you about something. I really hate it when someone calls and gives me this whole big lie when I first answer the phone and then tells me why they are calling. Jeez, I never even asked a question that was lie-worthy. All I did was pick up the phone when it rang and said hello. If you are asked something and you need to lie just say I'm not telling you, I plead the fifth, no comment, or some other nonsense. Don't lie or make up excuses because they make you feel better about something crappy you are doing. Oh and by the way don't lie and then contradict yourself later in the conversation with the truth because you couldn't keep the lie going. You just look really dumb."
Sorry, I am on my soapbox this week because sometimes people drive me crazy with the completely ridiculous way they act.
Things I missed last week:
my grandmother - I called her old number by habit and then realized that I didn't know why I did when she has been dead since March.
Starbucks Eggnog Coffee - I usually get it at least once a year during Christmas. Instead of milk they put eggnog in their Christmas blend of coffee. Yummy! I am getting some next week!
The thing I wished for the most last week:
Patience and Sleep
Things I am thankful for this week:
Victoria's teacher (Cindy) - She came over to do the Wildtree party and she is just such a warm and cheerful person that she makes me feel happy whenever I see her. I am glad she is Victoria's teacher because Victoria loves her and is all smiles when she is around. She also has such a dry, sarcastic humor that she cracks me up.
Mrs. Wilda - Mrs. Wilda is my over 70 year old neighbor who lives across the street. Her husband Mr. Fred has alzheimers and she has a really hard time with him sometimes. She cracks me up because she swears that sometimes he pretends not to remember so she will have to go look for his stuff he can't find in the house. Well, she invited Victoria and I over to help her decorate her Christmas tree on Friday and she always makes me smile. She made hot chocolate for everyone and served graham crackers and jelly on antique bone china to Victoria.
Of course, my wonderful husband. Even though we were both completely grumpy and sleep deprived last week, we still made time to smooch in the garage.
Easter 2013
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment